Well what a few months it has been since I graduated! I graduated on December 17th and in less than 2 months I have moved to Greenville, found a job bar-tending at the local Ruby Tuesday, found a REAL job at a company called Aerotek, and put in my 2 weeks notice as a bartender :o) I have kind of come full circle I guess...
I should probably take this time to give Jen a shout-out, since she helped me start my blog! So... Hey Jen and John! I miss you guys!
So anyway... I'm sitting here feeling pretty sickly at the moment while my dog Daisy chases cats in her sleep - which only reminds me of how discontented I feel in comparison to her right now. I had work today which was grueling (spelling?) as all Sundays are. The old people love to come in and order regular coffee (so they don't pass out) as well as a small meal (which they never finish) only to be followed by more coffee and a $5 tip - no matter the bill total. I had a lady order a STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE today and I honestly thought our bartender was going to kill me. Seriously? A strawberry milkshake?! Does this look like Dairy Queen? Strawberry-milkshake-lady should join small-cup-of-manderine-oranges-man and do-you-make-lattes-here-dude and all go out together sometime and harrass someone else. (In case you couldn't keep up, those were actual requests I've gotten lately!)
I feel like that last paragraph was pretty negative... soooo... I'm excited about my new job at Aerotek! Mom reminded me today that these last few shifts as a bartender are a test, and will only encourage me to do well in my next job - which is going to be awesome! I'll be a recruiter in the professional services division and will deal with people who need my HELP rather than just a strawberry lemonade refill or a ruby relaxer "with more alcohol please". I'll get to dress up every day and learn a new skill which is very exciting. Hopefully I'll be able to pay off some of these loans too... :o)
This blogging thing is pretty neat and way easier than writing in my diary... so I imagine I'll be able to stick with it! I'm going to head out now to add some pictures and spruce it up a bit. Ta ta for now!
Our new home
14 years ago


I love your blog - it fits your perfectly! I'm so glad you're doing this too so I can follow everything you're doing in Greenville - jealous!! We miss you lots - love you!
ReplyDelete