I had my first day at Aerotek today! It's weird but even though I was gone for 9 hours it felt like it went by so quickly! When I first got there at 7:30 they had my computer all set up on my desk with a big blue Aerotek mug, 2 Aerotek coozies, and a square letter opener/business card holder. I have my very own computer that I can bring home if I want and a desk! My first desk! I might bring some pictures tomorrow to spruce it up a bit... Oh! And I got a key to the office!
The people were so warm and welcoming as soon as I arrived. The day, however, wasn't as exciting. All I really did today was about 7 or 8 "modules" or computer tutorials to teach me about the company, job, recruiting industry, etc. I learned about my position in the Professional Services division where I will be recruiting financial analysts, mortgage brokers, and administrative personnel etc. I set up my computer and had a meeting with my account manager then a "red zone" meeting with the rest of the office. Then I began doing my modules or tutorials or whatever. At 11:30 I went to lunch with one of my team members named Nick because he was the only one I hadn't really sat down and talked with. We went to the Olive Garden and it was friggin delicious. After lunch I came back to the office and did some more modules until our 2:00 red zone meeting... then more modules. They are trying to keep me below 40 hours (because I'm making hourly training pay for the first 13 weeks) so they let me leave around 4:30 today. All-in-all a pretty great first day!
When I got home it was awesome to see that Daisy hadn't pooped in my room! She stole my blueberry muffin (wrapper and all) off my bed today while I was downstairs making coffee, so I was pretty scared that it was going to mess with her stomach. But nope! I have a wonder dog!
Mom and I had a delicious chicken dinner and are now watching the Bachelor. Jake's family hates Vienna! Why is she still around?!? I'm going to wrap this up now, because I'm getting seriously distracted. I'm excited about my second day tomorrow - I hope it's as great as today!
Our new home
14 years ago


Sounds like you have a GREAT first job - that is so great. I hated Vienna too but they do seem happy so I'm glad he picked her for that reason. I wish we could keep up with Tenley to see who she ends up with - she's great. I tried to call and email you today - not sure if you got them. My work email is jsegars@motor.com, and I sent you an email from that address. Well have a good day tomorrow!
ReplyDelete