So I'm officially on my first business trip! I am currently sitting in my hotel room right now... on my L-shaped sofa, staring at my big flat screen TV, getting ready to go to sleep in my King sized bed :o) I won't be going on another business trip for a while so I'm really milking this for all it's worth. This trip marks the end of my second week at Aerotek. I have made a lot of the progress in these first two weeks. The first week I was was doing modules and all the boring and simple learning crap. This week I have really been on the phones, assigned to a req., and trying to fill a position. I still feel a little bit lost like I don't exactly know what's going on, but I'm sure that that will change soon.
When I got to Charlotte today around 9:30 I met with my recruiter lead, Brad Anderson. I introduced myself to the APS people in the office (APS stands for Aerotek Professional Services) and then Brad and I got down to business. We must have sat in that back office for about 4 hours just going over the recruiting process and the inns and outs of what makes Aerotek different. "Aerotek is financially the number one recruiting firm in the nation. We recruit everything from the $100K a year engineering positions to the $8 an hour data entry positions." - That was part of my "elavator speech." There is so much business jargon it's crazy... and I really learned that on this trip.
So after a really nice lunch and another few hours of training Brad and I went out for a couple of cocktails at a bar and grill down the road from my hotel. He and I chatted for a bit and finally talked about stuff other than Aerotek. After our couple of drinks he brought me to check in at my hotel... hence this blog post. I feel like a real live young professional :o)
American Idol just came on so I'm going to go watch it in HD on my big screen TV! Good night all!
Our new home
14 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment